The Adventure Continues!!!!
May 13-15, 2022
The inaugural Plein Air New Bern in 2021 was a huge success, anyway you look at it. Beautiful paintings were created, displayed and sold....each finding a new owner, eager to have original art hanging in their home to enjoy every day.
And the best part....the adventure continues,
May 7-15, 2022
- GALLERY EXHIBITION & SALES GALLERY
- OPEN DAILY TO THE PUBLIC 9 am - 8 pm May 9-15
- New Bern Farmers Market 421 S. Front Street, New Bern, NC
- Competition for $12,000+ of awards begins May 8th - 6 PM
- May 12th –- BEAUFORT PAINT-OUT - 9 AM-6 PM
- Live Demos
- 9:00 am Lynn Mehta Waterfront Beaufort
- 11:00 am Jacalyn Beam - Historic Beaufort
- 2:00 pm Stewart White - Historic Beaufort
- 6:30 pm Shanna Kunz - Calico Creek, Morehead City
- Pop-up gallery & sale 4-6 pm
- Beaufort Historic Association - 100 block Turner Street
- May 13th- 6-8 pm -Collector’s Vernissage and Awards Celebration (Ticketed)
- May 13th - 8 pm Awards celebration-Doors open to the public
- May 14th 9:00 am– 8:00 pm Exhibition & Sale Open to the public.
- Live Demos
- 9:00 am Natalia Andreeva - Middle Street
- 11:00 am Robin Roberts & others - Latham-Whitehurst Park
- 6:00 Dee Beard Dean - Corner of Middle and Pollock
- 10-11:30 am Youth Plein Air - Harrison Center - registration required - Free
- Artists to Artists Forum
- 2:30 pm -"The Next Step" Q&A with a select panel of professional artists who have been where you are. What are the “next steps” to move your art forward. How to transition from a purely classroom practice to an independent discipline? Additional steps forward towards a professional level. Panel will include both studio and plein air painters.
3:30 pm "Pro-Tips - Preparing for a Quick-Paint". Ask a panel of our featured artists….How do the pros prepare for a Quick-Paint? What are the disciplines that help an artist do their best in the short timeframe of a Quick Paint?
- Harrison Center 311 Middle St New Bern
- 5:00 pm Small Works Exhibition and Sale - musical entertainment
- Hosted by Twin Rivers Art Association
- May 15th - Quick Paint
- Public & Featured Artists paint together for Ribbons and cash awards.
- New Bern Downtown Historic District Online registration
- Paint-Out 10 am - 2 pm Judging & sales 2:30 pm-4 pm
- 4:30 pm Gallery Exhibition closes
- Virtual Gallery Opens May 16 - June 7
- Workshop with American Impressionist Society Master Artist
- James Richards - June 9-11
- Virtual Gallery closes June 7, 2022